The Budapest Institute for Contemporary Christianity (BICC) is established following the example of The London Institute for Contemporary Christianity but taking into consideration of the typical Hungarian circumstances. We have similar goals and identical theological principles. We are supporting and advocating the whole life discipleship model, and want to be a catalyst in the establishment of it among Hungarians.
Most important goals of The Budapest Institute for
Contemporary Christianity are to
- Give inspiration to the churches and help
them to fulfill their mission more effectively
- Reach out for the Hungarian society in order to connect them with the churches
- Educate and equip for whole life discipleship
- Uphold and stand for the evangelical
theology on the highest level in Hungary (cultural apologetic courses and
- Supply the resources and reference books
for the ministry (dissemination)
- Work for the unity among the evangelical
people and organizations
This center is characterized as:
- Budapest, symbolizing the center of the
life in Hungary. We might follow the example of other Christian ministries or
models, but always apply them to the Hungarian circumstances and we would like
to encourage and emphasize original, homegrown ideas.
- Contemporary, which means that our target
area is the present Hungarian society as we are trying to give adequate answers
to the real problems of our days.
- Christian, which refers to our root,
declaring clearly our spiritual scale of values we are measured with and based
meaning, it is not a temporary association or committee, but an organization
established for long standing operation.